Our Ministry Staff

  • Senior Pastor

    Coming Soon!

  • Visitation pastor

    Beryl Hornberger

  • Youth Pastor

    We are currently seeking a new Youth Pastor

Getting to our Church

From Broadway (Hwy 83)

Turn east at 16th Ave SW (changes to SE)

Continue to the 4 way stop

Turn right (South) on 2nd St SE

Our History

Sixty-six charter members, with a desire to serve our Lord and to maintain an American Baptist witness in the Minot are, established the Immanuel Baptist Church of Minot, North Dakota in January 1954.

The first meetings were held in the recreation room of Model School, Rev. Al Lambert was called to serve as the first pastor on September 1, 1954.

The ground breaking for the first church building was on May 13, 1956 on the corner of 4th Street and 14th Avenue SW.  Volunteers did much of the construction work.

The first service was held in the basement of the new church in November 1956 and the church building was completed and dedicated on May 3-5, 1957.  The parsonage for the pastor was built in 1957.

The present building was purchased in 1974 from the Our Redeemers Lutheran Brethren Church. A garage was added to the property when a van ministry was begun in 1988.

Ground breaking was held on May 23, 2007 for an addition to the current building.  The kitchen was expanded and a new Fellowship hall, offices, and Sunday School rooms were added.  The Open House and Dedication took place on September 28, 2008.

Throughout the years many improvements have been made to the building to support a strong music program. Worship attendance averages about 200. The church continues to grow and to spread the Gospel throughout the community.